Eat Your Way to a Good New YearJan 10, 22
Start the year right by shedding those extra holiday pounds! Before you rush to your detox juice or exercise gear, consider your next meal first. Cooking with wholesome ingredients will do the trick. But let’s be honest – healthy dishes are not always the most appetizing, especially after all that holiday food. The trick is to season your ingredients properly! Begin a new year with these MAGGI®-approved recipes that are nutritious and filling, while still packing a punch of flavor.
Grilled Eggplant Salad
A lesser-known Filipino recipe, this eggplant salad is delicious with the combination of smoky and fresh flavors.
- 4 small eggplants
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 sachet of 8g MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP®
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over the open fire of a stove, grill each eggplant using a pair of tongs. Rotate the eggplant for an even char for 10 minutes each.
- After the eggplant has cooled, peel the skin off and chop into small pieces.
- In another bowl, mix the red onion, tomatoes, vinegar, and cilantro. Add in the chopped eggplant, followed by the MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP®. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
There’s no denying that we all looove sinigang! Swap out your meat for fish, and enjoy this ultimate Pinoy comfort food in all its nutritious glory.
- 500g fish (tilapia, bangus, or salmon), de-scaled, gutted, and sliced
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 70g tomatoes, diced
- 250g water spinach / kangkong, chopped
- 150g radish, cut into diagonal slices
- 4 pcs okra, sliced
- 2 pcs green chilies
- 1 sachet of MAGGI® Magic Sinigang Sampalok with Gabi Mix 22g
- 1L water
- Place the water in a large pot and heat until it comes to a boil. Add the onion, tomatoes, radish, and okra.
- Cover the pot with a lid, allowing the vegetables to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the green chili, fish, and MAGGI® Magic Sinigang Sampalok with Gabi Mix, simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Add in the kangkong and simmer for 1 more minute. Stir and serve!
Originally a Chinese dish, mapo tofu can be enjoyed with or without spice. The tofu keeps you full for a long time, and it’s best enjoyed topped over rice or veggies.
- 400g firm silken tofu, cubed
- 200g ground pork
- 2 tbsp MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp chili bean sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- In a wok or large pan, cook the ground pork, gently breaking it up until the pork is lightly browned.
- Add the oil, ginger, onion, and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chili bean sauce, MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tofu and simmer until the sauce reduces.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with a dash of water to form a thick consistency. Add the cornstarch to the pan and stir gently until the mixture has incorporated. Once the sauce has thickened, the mapo tofu is ready to serve.
Vegetable & Shrimp Lumpia
Lumpia is such an easy way to enjoy your veggies. The best part about this recipe is you don’t need to add more sauce for flavor.
- 1 pound (15 – 20 pcs) shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, sliced finely
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 pack spring roll wrapper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tbsp MAGGI® Savor Calamansi
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, sauté the shrimp and oil until half cooked. Add the onions, carrots, bean sprouts, cabbage, and MAGGI® Savor Calamansi. Add salt and pepper to taste and set it aside in a bowl to cool.
- Prepare a flat surface for assembling the lumpia. Fill the wrapper with a thin strip of filling, wrapping the filling tightly and sealing the edges of the wrapper with the egg white.
- Fill a deep pan with an inch high of oil for frying. Carefully drop in the lumpia a few at a time. Fry each side until golden brown, for about 1 - 2 minutes per side.
- Place the lumpia on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain. Serve and enjoy!
Korean Omelet (Gyeran Mari)
Get your egg protein fix with this traditional Korean recipe that can be enjoyed over breakfast or paired with rice and veggies for lunch. Add some ketchup, and you’re good to go!
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 8g MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP®
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, pour in the beaten eggs and season with the MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP®. Add in the carrots and scallions.
- In a non-stick pan, add the vegetable oil and distribute evenly over the pan over low to medium heat.
- Add half of the egg mixture and fry until the top is just slightly wet.
- With a spatula, gently lift opposite sides of the egg until the edges touch the center of the omelet. Fold in half once more until it resembles a roll. Flip the omelet and fry until cooked through.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate and do the same process for the remaining ½ of the egg mixture.
- Let the omelet rest for 5 minutes before cutting into inch-thick slices.
Here’s an exclusive PureGo app discount for you! Buy P700 worth of Nestle products and get FREE delivery.
Check out now on the PureGo app! Download at https://bit.ly/DownloadPureGoApp.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid for Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal.
- For new and returning customers.
- One-time use only.
- Minimum purchase of P700 worth of Nestle is required.
- Must not be used in conjunction with other promo codes.
- Valid until January 22, 2022.