In the spirit of celebrating the new year, it is only right to try new things–perhaps, new recipes! Save time, money, and focus on your 2022 resolutions and goals with these delicious recipes that you can do right at home! The best part? Ingredients are affordable and easy to find!
Asian Stir Fried Beef
Start off the new year healthy! As the hustle and bustle of life after the holidays make its way back, it's important to keep ourselves satisfied with healthy dishes at home or at work with our packed lunches. Healthy food doesn't need to be expensive and complicated, try this easy Asian Stir Fried Beef recipe which you can prepare in under 20 minutes!
- 1 can of UFC Green Peas 400g
- 1 can of UFC Whole Mushrooms 400g (sliced in half) or UFC Pieces & Stems
- 1 kg beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (Optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir beef until brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Move the beef aside and add the UFC Green Peas, UFC Whole Mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, green onion, and garlic to the center of the wok or skillet, cook and stir vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Stir beef into vegetables and season with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 2 more minutes sprinkle the optional sesame seeds and serve. Serving size is 4 to 6 people.
Tex-Mex Macaroni Cheese
One of the things we look forward to eating outside is having specialty cuisines or a restaurant’s signature side dish. Avoid the traffic and skip the waiting, have this Tex-Mex Macaroni Cheese, right at your home anytime! Made with ingredients that you would already have at home, follow this recipe for your Tex-Mex fix!
- 1 uncooked UFC Macaroni Pack 500g
- 1 can of UFC Whole Kernel Corn 425g
- 1 kg of lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Taco Mix Seasoning
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
(Optional) Taco Mix Seasoning from scratch:
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Heat the oil on a pan or skillet, saute the garlic, onion and brown beef on medium-high heat. Add the Taco Seasoning mix and stir occasionally until beef is cooked.
- Add in UFC Whole Kernel Corn, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Let it simmer for 1 minute, add in the water until it boils.
- Add the UFC Macaroni Pack. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese, cover. Let it stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and serve. Serving size is 4 to 6 persons.
Out of hundreds of versions out there, it is safe to say that Yang Chow is fried rice royalty. Known for its umami goodness, cooking Yang Chow just got easier with the help of UFC Fun Chow items! Here is an elevated recipe of the fried rice favorite using UFC’s Seafood Chow! Serve it paired with your favorite dumpling and side soup like the UFC Instant Soups: Crab and Corn too!
- 1 can of UFC Whole Kernel Corn 185g
- 1 can of UFC Green Peas 155g
- 1 pack of UFC Fun Chow: Seafood Yang Chow (20g)
- 3 cups of rice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lg onion, (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked shrimp
- 1cup of ham (cubed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Heat oil and saute the shrimp with onions and garlic until shrimp turns orange.
- Add UFC Whole Kernel Corn, UFC Green Peas, carrots, and ham and stir occasionally for 2 minutes. Put those aside and crack eggs in breaking the yolks. Stir when the eggs are almost set.
- Add the rice and season it with the UFC Fun Chow: Seafood Yang Chow and stir well on high heat until all ingredients are well combined and blended. Season with pepper and salt or soy sauce and drizzle the optional sesame oil to desired taste.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with green onions on top. Serving size is 2 to 3 persons.
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder
The colder months of the year are still here, and nothing is more comforting than having a warm creamy bowl of soup at home. Thanks to UFC Creamy Soups, you can have happiness and comfort in a bowl within a few minutes! Try this easy and delicious gourmet recipe of Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder.
- 1 pack of UFC Instant Soups: Chicken and Corn
- 1 can of UFC Cream Style Corn
- 3 cups of cooked and shredded Chicken
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and diced into
- 1/4 cup diced butter
- 1 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 cups of potato (peeled and diced slightly less than 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or milk
- 4 cups of water or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of Green onions
- 2 Cups of cheddar or mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 - 2 Finely chopped jalapenos (Optional and seeded for less heat if desired, finely chopped)
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, garlic, onions, jalapenos and saute for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the potatoes, chicken, UFC Cream Style Corn, and 2 cups of water or chicken broth. Stir until all ingredients are combined and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a separate bowl dissolve the UFC Instant Soups: Chicken and Corn with 2 cups of warm or room temperature water or chicken broth, and add it to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add in the milk and let it simmer on low heat, uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the desired thickness of the creamy soup is reached. Serve warm topped with bacon, green onions, and optional cheese or jalapeno peppers. Serving Size is 3 to 6 persons.
Mais Con Yelo
Satisfy your sweet tooth with the Classic Filipino delicacy Mais con Yelo. This dessert is usually charged between 100 to 200 pesos in restaurants, but the good news is you can spend less for more of this creamy delicacy! Follow this easy Mais con Yelo recipe for your next sweet and cold cravings!
- 1 can of UFC Corn Kernels 425g or UFC Cream Style Corn 425g
- 2 - 3 cups of shaved ice
- 1 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- Corn flakes (optional)
- Vanilla or corn flavored iced cream (optional)
- Leche Flan (optional)
- Add a couple tablespoons of the UFC Corn Kernels or UFC Cream Style Corn (or both!) to the bottom of the serving glass. No exact measurements, add as much corn as you’d like.
- Add a layer of 1 cup of shaved ice over the corn. Do not pack it in, keep the shaved ice soft and fluffy.
- Drizzle about 1 to 2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk over shaved ice. You may add more or less depending on your desired amount of milk and sweetness.
- Serve it with the optional topping of 1 to 2 tablespoons of corn flakes, a scoop of ice cream and a tablespoon of leche flan. Serving Size is 3 to 5 persons.
Save your money, and recreate these easy, healthy and yummy dishes right at home! Enjoy the best deals for your UFC pantry staples from PureGo.ph, the PureGo App and PureGo GLife at GCash app. Download the app here https://bit.ly/DownloadPureGoApp.